Scholarship Program 2
Who can apply?
For the scholarship programme 2 of KAAD you can apply if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America
- are already studying at a German University,
- want to acquire a master's degree or a PhD at a German university (applicants for master programs may present their documents as early as during the final semester of their bachelor programs).
- are a Catholic Christian (or - particularly for candidates from the Middle East - belong to another Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue.
- possess German language skills (at least general communication level).
What does KAAD expect from you?
- Above-average performance in studies and research
- The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region (otherwise the scholarship is turned into a loan),
- Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue.
Scholarship applications are administered by the campus ministry of all German universities (Katholische Hochschulgemeinden [KHG] oder Katholische Studierendengemeinden [KSG])
Stephen Nana Ato Arthur (Ghana)
Stephen Nana Ato Arthur, born in 1961, has been a KAAD-scholar twice and between the two scholarships was not only a period of 12 years but also a very successful political career that has reached a peak in 2012: On 08.12.2012, KAAD got the news that he has won the constituency KEEA as a candidate for Parliament. He will therefore be the first alumnus of KAAD as a member of parliament in an African country.